Protecting Our Patients – COVID-19 Update
From the very beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, MN Spine and Sport has committed to going above and beyond to ensure the health and safety of our patients and staff. Providing exceptional care remains our top priority, and right now that also means keeping our patients safe from COVID-19, which will continue to be part of our lives until we reach a widespread state of immunity. As we learn to live with the coronavirus in the community, MN Spine and Sport remains responsive to the needs of our patients and staff.
Here are a few precautions and processes MN Spine and Sport has in place to keep our patients safe from COVID-19 while receiving care.
1. Screening everyone for COVID-19 symptoms when they enter our clinic. This screening includes a temperature check as you enter the clinic as well as a questionnaire. If we suspect that a patient has or has been exposed to COVID-19 based on this screening, we will refer the patient to the closest testing facility.
2. Asking everyone to wear face masks as they enter our practice. For your safety and that of other patients and our staff, we ask that you wear a mask during your appointment. Staff will be wearing face shields in addition to masks.
3. Social distancing. MN Spine and Sport asks that our patients and staff maintain a distance of at least 6 feet at all times, including when you are entering our buildings for screening. We are doing our best to not have patients cross in the hallway or congregate in our waiting room. We have limited seating in our reception areas for this reason. There are exceptions when staff may need to be closer than 6 feet to provide direct patient care, exams and therapies.
4. Limited visitors. To reduce the spread of infection, MN Spine and Sport has a limited visitor policy at this time. Exceptions include pediatric patients, adult patients with neurocognitive issues, functional physical limitations, and/or who are unable to consent for themselves. If you must bring your children, we ask that if they are old enough, please have them stay in the car. If not, please let the office staff know so that we may find a time that works best for you. Please understand that we are protecting your loved ones and our patients from further spread.
5. Cleaning and sanitation. We have continued to perform additional cleaning procedures before and after each patient. Regularly sterilizing commonly touched areas of the practice and maintaining a safe and healthy environment for patients and staff.
MN Spine and Sport’s operations continue to evolve in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. We remain prepared and ready to respond in the event of a sustained increase in COVID-19 cases or signals of a second peak.
Our patients and their families are at the heart of every decision we are making. We want you to know that we are here for you and that you can – and should – continue to feel safe coming to MN Spine and Sport for your care.
If you have questions or concerns specific to your care at MN Spine and Sport, feel free to call us at 651-459-3171 or send us a message .