Welcome to MN Spine and Sport in Woodbury, MN, where we are committed to helping both athletes and sports enthusiasts achieve optimal performance and recovery. Whether you are a professional athlete, weekend warrior, or looking to get back on the field after a sports-related injury, our dedicated experts support you throughout your healing journey. We understand the unique demands that sports injuries place on the body, and our comprehensive approach ensures that you can get back in the game stronger than ever!
Why Choose MN Spine and Sport?
At MN Spine and Sport’s Woodbury, MN clinic, we believe that a multi-faceted approach to sports injury treatment is the key to success. We understand that each patient is unique, and we tailor our treatments to suit your specific needs, ensuring a personalized and effective healing experience.
Comprehensive Sports Injury Assessment
The road to recovery begins with a thorough and accurate assessment of your sports injury. Our experienced team of professionals will conduct a comprehensive evaluation to identify the root cause of your pain or discomfort. We take the time to listen to your concerns, perform a detailed physical examination, and develop a treatment plan specific to your unique condition.
Individualized Sports Injury Treatment Plans
Once we have gathered all the necessary information, we develop personalized treatment plans based on your unique condition and goals. Our integrated approach may include chiropractic care, therapeutic exercises, manual therapy, acupuncture, dry needling, laser therapy, traction and other cutting-edge modalities. Our focus is not only on relieving pain but also on restoring function and preventing future injuries, so you can excel in your chosen sport or activity.
Expert Chiropractic Care
Chiropractic care plays a crucial role in sports injury treatment, as it focuses on restoring proper alignment, function, and mobility of the musculoskeletal system. Our skilled chiropractors are experts in the field and utilize gentle, non-invasive techniques to alleviate pain and promote healing. By addressing the underlying spinal and joint issues, chiropractic care can enhance your body’s natural ability to heal and perform at its best.
Advanced Functional Rehabilitation
Our functional rehabilitation program is designed to accelerate your recovery after a sports injury and help you regain strength, flexibility, and endurance. Our rehab chiropractors will work closely with you, guiding you through targeted exercises and rehabilitation techniques to address muscle imbalances, improve stability, and restore range of motion. With a focus on functional movement, we aim to get you back to your sport or activity with confidence and reduced risk of re-injury.
Are you ready to take the first step towards overcoming your sports injury and reclaiming your athletic potential? Contact us today to schedule a consultation with our experienced team at MN Spine and Sport. We are here to support you every step of the way and help you reach new heights in your athletic journey. Get back in the game stronger than ever with MN Spine and Sport.
What Types of Injuries Can You Treat?
Below is a list of common sports injuries, along with a brief description of how they occur and how treatment at MN Spine and Sport can help!
- Ankle Sprain: Twisting or rolling the ankle, often during running or jumping activities.
- Achilles Tendonitis: Overuse or sudden increase in activity leads to Achilles tendon inflammation.
- Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis): Repetitive wrist and forearm movements in sports like tennis or golf.
- Golfer’s Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis): Repetitive wrist and forearm movements in golf and other sports.
- Rotator Cuff Tear: Overuse or sudden impact on the shoulder, common in sports like baseball and swimming.
- ACL Tear: Sudden stops, twists, or changes in direction causing damage to the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in the knee.
- Meniscus Tear: Sudden twisting or impact leading to damage in the meniscus of the knee.
- Hamstring Strain: Overstretching or tearing of the hamstring muscles during activities like sprinting.
- Plantar Fasciitis: Overuse or inflammation of the plantar fascia in the foot, common in running and jumping sports.
- Stress Fractures: Repetitive impact on bones, common in running and jumping sports.
- Shin Splints: Overuse or inflammation of the muscles and tendons around the shin bone.
- Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome (Runner’s Knee): Overuse or misalignment of the kneecap, common in running and jumping sports. MN Spine and Sport provides physical therapy, strengthening exercises, and alignment correction to alleviate pain and improve knee function.
- Dislocated Shoulder: Sudden impact or fall leading to the shoulder joint coming out of place.
- Concussion: Sudden impact or blow to the head, common in contact sports.
- Groin Strain: Overstretching or tearing of the groin muscles during activities like kicking or changing direction.
- Hip Flexor Strain: Overuse or excessive stretching of the hip flexor muscles.
- Patellar Tendonitis (Jumper’s Knee): Overuse of the patellar tendon, common in jumping sports.
- IT Band Syndrome: Overuse or friction on the iliotibial (IT) band along the outer thigh.
- Rib Fracture: Direct impact or high-force trauma to the ribs.
- Biceps Tendonitis: Overuse or repetitive shoulder movements causing inflammation of the biceps tendon.
- Lumbar Strain: Overuse or sudden lifting or twisting motions affecting the lower back.
- Lumbar Disc Herniation: Sudden twisting or lifting leading to the protrusion of the spinal disc in the lower back.
- Cervical Sprain (Whiplash): Sudden impact or trauma causing hyperextension or hyperflexion of the neck.
- Impingement Syndrome: Compression of soft tissues between bones, often seen in the shoulder.
- De Quervain’s Tenosynovitis: Overuse and inflammation of the tendons on the thumb side of the wrist.
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome: Compression of the ulnar nerve at the elbow, common in sports with repetitive elbow flexion.
- Radial Tunnel Syndrome: Compression of the radial nerve in the forearm, common in activities involving repetitive forearm rotation.
- Patellar Dislocation: Sudden twisting or impact leading to the patella (kneecap) coming out of its groove.
- Hip Labral Tear: Sudden twisting or impact causing damage to the labrum in the hip joint.
- Lumbar Facet Joint Syndrome: Overuse or degeneration of the facet joints in the lower back.
- Cervical Facet Joint Syndrome: Overuse or degeneration of the facet joints in the neck.
- Patellofemoral Instability: Disruption of the normal patellar tracking in the knee, often associated with weak muscles and structural issues.
- Turf Toe: Hyperextension of the big toe, common in sports played on artificial turf.
- Bursitis: Inflammation of bursae (fluid-filled sacs) near joints due to overuse or repetitive motions.
- Acromioclavicular (AC) Joint Sprain: Impact or fall leading to damage in the AC joint of the shoulder.
- Peroneal Tendonitis: Overuse or inflammation of the peroneal tendons in the foot and ankle.
- Sternoclavicular (SC) Joint Sprain: Impact or fall leading to damage in the SC joint at the base of the neck.
- Shoulder Impingement Syndrome: Compression of the soft tissues in the shoulder joint, leading to pain and limited mobility.
- MCL Sprain: Sudden twisting or impact causing damage to the medial collateral ligament (MCL) in the knee.
- LCL Sprain: Sudden twisting or impact leading to damage in the lateral collateral ligament (LCL) in the knee.
- Quadriceps Tendonitis: Overuse or inflammation of the quadriceps tendon above the knee.
- Lumbar Disc Bulge: Wear and tear or sudden impact leading to the protrusion of the spinal disc in the lower back.
At MN Spine and Sport, we understand the diverse range of common sports injuries that athletes and sports enthusiasts may encounter. Our specialized expertise, integrated treatment approach, and advanced techniques ensure that we provide personalized care for each injury. Whether you’re suffering from a sprain, strain, tear, or any other sports-related injury, our Woodbury, MN team is dedicated to helping you recover, regain strength, and confidently return to your favorite activities. Don’t let sports injuries hold you back – trust MN Spine and Sport to guide you toward a stronger, healthier, and more active future. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and begin your journey to optimal recovery and performance.